Friday, January 29, 2021


 I've had a reference photo of my brother's craftsman home for about five years, and I've talked myself out of painting it a number of times - "How will I represent that part?"  "How do I reconcile this with that?"   I finally dispensed with the analysis paralysis and went for it.   The VW bus is integral to the story - before it's refurbishment, my late father had a nickname for it.  "Rust".   This is such a California scene - hopefully you can groove on it - even if it's just an old house and an old VW! 

8x10 - oil on masonite

#art #oilpainting #california #bungalow #reno #nevada #artist

No comments:

Post a Comment

I finally finished my latest painting that I sketched in a couple days ago.  This is the Nevada state line at the California border in Verdi...